5 Alarming Signs for your Garage Door to be repaired
Maintaining a properly functioning garage door is crucial for your daily convenience as most homeowners use their garage doors more frequently than their front doors to enter their homes. It is typical for your garage door to require repairs as a result of regular daily use.
Unfortunately, a lot of homeowners make the error of having a professional look at their garage doors only when hardware or other components break. You run the risk of needing later on an expensive and inconvenient emergency garage door repair or replacement if you put off garage door repairs.
1. Garage door is off its tracks
- Rollers are used to move the garage door up and down the tracks in a safe and reliable manner. Frequently, an older or damaged garage door can become loose from its tracks, making it impossible for the door to open and close properly.
- Call a specialist from Garage Door Repair Santa Monica B if your garage door is off its tracks so they can assess the situation and offer possible solutions.
2. Garage door won’t open or close
- If the garage door won’t open or close when you press the control buttons on the wall panel or remote, that is a clear indication that it is broken.
- The cause of this issue could be something simple to fix, like a garage door that was accidentally locked or a disconnect switch that was activated, or it could be something more serious, like a door that is off its tracks, misaligned photo eye sensors, or other door issues.
3. Slow response time
- Does it take more than one or two seconds for the garage door to open when you press the remote control?
- Even though taking a little longer may not seem like a serious repair issue, any operations that take longer than a few seconds may be an indication that there is a problem with your garage door system.
- Delays in operation may be a sign of an issue with the garage door or the opener, such as frayed opener cords, corroded pulleys, defective rollers, or worn circuitry in the remote control.
4. Noisy door operations
Even though some noise from your garage door during operation is normal, any unusual noises from the door or the opener may need to be repaired.
- Grating: bent coils
- Rumbling: loose spring tension
- Banging: defective garage door panels
- Grinding: worn rollers or poor lubrication of moving parts
- Squealing: garage door is out of balance
- Rattling: a loose chain or support rails
- Straining: A defective garage door opener or insufficient horsepower
5. Sagging garage door sections
- A balance test to determine whether your garage door panels are sagging should be carried out at least once or twice a year as part of routine garage door maintenance.
- Detach the door from the opener before lifting it halfway up on its tracks to perform a balance test. It is properly balanced if the door remains in place.
- However, if it slams shut or opens abruptly, the door is out of balance or sagging. A sagging garage door may be the result of worn tension springs, dulled rollers and tracks, or both.
Trust Garage Door Repair Santa Monica B for repairing your Garage Doors
Call the professionals at Garage Door Repair Santa Monica B when you need welcoming, trustworthy, and timely garage door repair and maintenance services in California. As a California garage door servicing business, we are familiar with the requirements of local homeowners and neighboring communities.
We can offer high-quality garage door solutions that meet your needs at an affordable price. To consistently deliver the best services, our business offers free project estimates as well as warranties on both the parts and labor. Call us right now to set up your garage door repairs or maintenance.