Planning a wedding is probably one of the most exciting yet stressful occasions for any bride and groom. While your big day should be all about you, let’s face it, there are plenty of other people to consider on the day, too. As a bride, your bridesmaids and their dresses need close consideration.
But picking the right bridesmaid dress style is no walk in the park. This is because not all bridesmaids have the same shape, frame, and style.
If you’re looking for top tips on how to make everyone in your bridal party feel comfortable and happy on this very important day, just keep on reading.
Choosing a Bridesmaid Dress Style Based on Shape
No woman or man, for that matter, is the exact same shape, size, or height as the other. You might have bridesmaids in your wedding party that are similar in size, but they could have different style preferences.
And long gone are the days of forcing your bridesmaids to wear something uncomfortable and unflattering.
Here’s what to consider when choosing a dress style based on different shapes:
- For pear-shaped ladies, consider a dress that’s strapless or has a v-neckline for a flattering silhouette
- For hourglass shapes, a dress with a form-fitting top and cinched-in waistline works beautifully
- For more voluptuous, apple shapes, consider a dress style that draws attention to the upper body, such as a drop-waist dress, a wrap dress
- For straight-sized ladies with a smaller frame, opt for a halter-neck style, strapless, or cowl-neck
Another way to simplify your dress style choice is by considering the neckline of the dress and the shape of each bridesmaid. It’s also important to think about how much skin they’d like on show.
- For apple, pear, hourglass, and straight shapes, a crew, rounded, or jewel neckline works great
- For straight, hourglass, or pear shapes, a v-neck is also super flattering
- Wrap dress necklines are perfect for those with more rounded, voluptuous figures
- Halter neck dresses work well on hourglass, straight, and pear shapes too
Choosing Dress Color
Dress color also plays a big role in how comfortable your bridesmaids feel on the day. It’s worth asking them what they prefer.
If you want your bridesmaids to all to wear the same color, think about varying shades or tones of the same color to suit each person’s style.
These dusty rose bridesmaid dresses are always a crowd-pleaser.
Choosing a different fabric, but in the same color also works well to ensure your bridesmaids look and feel their best. For example, one bridesmaid might feel more comfortable wearing satin, while another might prefer chiffon.
In order to create a little harmony, you could also add a matching design element to each dress that ties everything together. Or, ask your bridesmaids to all wear the same shoes and jewelry.
Fashion Inspiration Just a Click Away
Some brides will admit that choosing a bridesmaid dress style is as stressful as choosing their own wedding dress. But, it doesn’t have to be this way by sticking with these tips. It’s not always possible to please everyone, but at least you can show your bridal party that you care about their comfort on your big day.
Looking for more fashion and lifestyle inspiration? Check out the rest of this site for a plethora of articles at your fingertips.