When it comes to hair, a person can make a compromise. There are times that you have to go with something less than a full, natural hair. A sew-in weave is one of such hair solutions that are best for those who can’t wait to have all natural hair but you don’t have time to grow a full head of hair. It’s faster alternative that lasts longer than a weave, but not as long as natural hair. Here we’ll look at pros and cons of sew in weave.
Pros of Sew In Weave
Sew in weave is very popular among women today because it is great for styling, maintenance, and versatility.
- Sew in weave is the best option for hair extensions, which instantly adds volume and length to your hair.
- It is most cost-effective and is safe for your hair.
- Though sew in weave is the easiest hair extension, one needs to be well conversant with the method to get the perfect look every time. The process is simple and can be done at home with just a few easy steps. It is very important to select the right hair for your sew in weave. You can choose virgin hair or Remy hair for a smooth and silky look. You may opt for Indian hair or Malaysian hair to get a natural look.
- Please choose the right color, texture, and length of the hair before cutting it to make the final look perfect. The color of the hair should blend in with your natural hair color.
Cons of Sew In Weave
- The main disadvantage of weaves, as opposed to natural hair, is that they are difficult to style. You will find it challenging if you prefer to keep your weave looking natural. The main reason is that it is difficult to get natural-looking weave hair that does not look fake.
- Hair extensions that do not look fake seem to be many women’s preference. The most natural-looking kinky curly hair extension are clip-ins. While they can easily be put in, putting them in and taking them out can be challenging.
- Some women do not feel entirely comfortable wearing them in public. Another disadvantage is the cost. Expensive salon work is required to achieve the look.
- Another disadvantage is the potential damage to your natural hair. Damage can occur if the weave is too long or not tapered to blend in with your natural hair.
How can you choose the right hair weave for your hair?
A weave is a great way to add length, thickness, and volume to your hair. If you have short hair, it can be the perfect way to get that long, thick hair that you’ve always wanted. A weave can add the thickness and fullness you’ve been searching for if you have fine hair. Weaves can make your hair appear a lot thicker and more voluminous than it is. The weave that you choose for your hair can make a huge difference.
How to maintain sew in weaves?
Wash the hair once a week with a shampoo for weaved hair. Detangle the hair with a wide tooth comb. Apply a leave-in conditioner and finger detangle if needed. Apply hair oil along the hairline to keep it shiny. Wrap the hair at night and tie it down with a silk scarf to avoid breakage.
The first step is to take care of the hair by deep conditioning the hair every two weeks, trimming the ends, and coloring when needed. Frequent washing, shaving, and curling of the hair is not advisable and causes the hair to be thin. When washing the hair, use a shampoo and conditioner that will not strip the hair of its natural moisture. There are several different types of conditioners available. The most popular are deep conditioning, moisturizing, and hair custard treatments. Mix one cup of conditioner with one tablespoon of olive oil for a nourishing treatment.
The weave is a versatile solution for many people who love to have braids especially lemonade Braids. It can be installed to look natural and be removed instantly, and a bit of skill is required. Learn all about sew in weaves to take make the right decision.